Friday, April 29, 2005

What's Your Strain?

How can something as simple as “The Orange” create such a stir at the grocery store?! I’ll tell you what it is, and I can’t stand it, its anything from competitive markets to the latest “hip diet!” Scenario: It’s a Saturday morning and you’re making breakfast for yourself, family, loved ones, who cares. You realize you’re out of Orange Juice, you’re like, “I’ll run to the market real quick and grab a carton and be home soon.” Is it ever that easy? Of course not! Not only is the OJ in the back of the store along with the Milk (don’t even get me started on that) but now there’s the saga of “which OJ do I buy!” It’s orange juice for crying out loud! I mean, it’s bad enough that there are like a million different brands of OJ to choose from, now they go and complicate the whole decision making process by adding all sorts of stuff into the mix! We’ve got: No pulp, low pulp, High pulp, low carb, and low cal. And of course they have to go and make various “flavors of OJ,” I mean come on, a ‘simple, quick trip” to the store has now become this nuisance of never ending “what ifs!” Personally I prefer Pulp, but do I want low, or high? Which brand? Which flavor? You see, it’s all so complicated!

This is all the quality Govt's got... if you're interested just copy and paste into a new window...I can't seem to make it work the right way. http://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/aib747/aib74706.pdf

5 Comments:

Anonymous Nick said...

Wow, you sure do have a way of looking at things. You're right though. I prefer freeshly squeezed. I just buy myself a bag of oranges and make my own juice. If you've never tried fresh squeezed, you should, it's the best!!!! Hope you feel better. It was too quiet around here without you. But maybe that's another subject. Later..

11:07 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Awww you're too sweet! Yeah, I think I've decided to start my own OJ cafe...right out of mine and Amy's office (only if that's okay with her, and of course MII) lol, j/k anyway have a great day, back to work I go!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

The grocery store has turned into a kick it the crotch...my personally love the diet advertisements they add to everything...who would have thought beef jerky was good for you...thank heavens for Dr. Atkins!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

I dunno bout that Ang...I'm movin to Dallas gonna start working security at SBC, should be fun, lol. later.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home