Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Surreal Truths Are Back - Life Beyond Big 'D'

The Surreal Truths – Life beyond Big ‘D’

Say it aint so! Yes my fellow North Texas lads there is life beyond the borders of George Bush, 75, 114 and Elm Street in Downtown. I know, it’s hard to fathom the ability to have a quality time outside of our “comfort zones,” but come on isn’t our state motto “Friendship!” I decided within the past few weeks that I was going to start living a little, do stuff I normally wouldn’t, go above and beyond, not stress the small stuff. Maybe that was all advice from my psychiatrist or just the happy pills kicking in, but either way, its working so far. I tell you what! If you aint ever had yourself a good ole redneck time, the Arbuckle Mountains in Davis, Oklahoma is the place to be. Listen here, this is the way to do it, grab yourself a new catch, after realizing you haven’t been together all that long, and then agree to go to their family reunion up in the Mountains in another State. The adventure isn’t in the trip; it’s in the reality that you have actually stepped out of your mollifying state of sanity and leaped possibly into the most chaotic experience of your life. This was me; I was like “balls to the walls, its time to take that chance, risk it all.” Its true, I did, and you know what?! Here’s to all my friends who thought I was crazy! This little clandestine redneck heart of mine was given the time of her life! So cheers to family reunions, beer drinking, family meet’n, jeep riding, and shootn the shit, as well as, home cookin’, and late night bonfires while listen’n to some of countries best!

Sometimes you just have to let go of the constraints of our so called politically correct society and let loose, live a little. One day is worth two tomorrows, that one day may be the rest of your life, live it up and live it well, and by God “Git’er done!” -Wilma-

8 Comments:

Blogger Mikey-D said...

I had no idea you were so freakin countrified. I mean I knew you had your quirks, but damn girl.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

LOl, yeah I know, but you see, I'm not just countrified, I'm a lil bit of everything that's what makes me so much fun! right?!!

6:39 AM  
Anonymous NICK said...

Sorry to put a damper on things, but here goes. True there is more out there than the borders which make us comfortable, but you havent experienced adventure, excitement, chaos or even begun to live a little unless you travel to sunny south dallas. Looking for a little adventure in life? Take a nice trip down Malcolm X or MLK on a Saturday afternoon. Talk about chaos and risking it all. You'll really appreciate life much more once you see what's out there. Let me know how it goes. :) I do it once a month.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Ha ha, Nick, little do you know, I have see those parts, and not just in the middle of the day, try the middle of the night crusing through, so don't think this chica hasn't see herself some chaos or adventure, I've seen it all... lol well only in TX that is, but hey, it's better than nothing right?? Once a month, what you be doing crusing through once a month huh?? huh??

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Nick said...

damn!! My respects. You are truly one of a kind. You are officially accepted into my club now. haha, Well you see, what had happened wuz,,, I was with a friend of a friend of a friend and well you see he has some friends out that a way. So it just kind of happened like that. Ya know what I mean?? You are nutzz.. Seriously though, I deliver cocaine to the brothaz out there, j/k you'll probably belive that. You're like damn Mexicans!! Later chica loca..

6:59 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh hell Nick, I didn't know you had a side job, guess that means we can't hang out anymore, I don't affiliate with them crazy brothaz who be up all night runnin game, in and out, their back doors all like clockwork, people in and out like a revolving door. But hey, you do what you like, just keep it real! -Chica Loca

7:11 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous nick said...

yo ang.. what up?? Where did you go???

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home